Thursday 20 August 2009

Avatar Day


It's safe to assume that anyone reading this is at least aware of the new James Cameron movie, Avatar, which is being released at the end of the year. Well tomorrow (Friday 21st August) is officially Avatar Day! It's the day that the first trailer for the movie will be released, but that's not all! There will be a special screening of 15 minutes of the film at select cinemas all over the world many of which in Imax 3D.

So why am I blogging about this? Despite trying in vain for the last few days I was unable to secure myself a ticket to any of the screenings near me (being near London gave me a few options as well!). Empire magazine had codes for 10% of the allocated tickets, as did Total Film but all of those seats were snapped up pretty quickly. I tried to find out from the Odeon cinema website whether the tickets would be available, but to no avail. However, last night after I got back from seeing Inglourious Basterds (review to come!) I checked my email and found that within the cinema listings for the Greewich Odeon, there was a link and a code to get Avatar Day tickets! So tomorrow night I will be going to the Greenwich Imax to see the footage :) I am intending to put up a post as soon as I can afterwards to give my thoughts on what I see. I'll probably stick up a link to the trailer as well.


UPDATE: The Avatar trailer appears to have broken a whole day early and is currently available on the Apple website if you can get it to work...
Sneak a peak at it here:

No comments: