Friday 28 August 2009

A long time ago...

No this post isn't Star Wars related...

Ok so kind of in tandem with some stuff that my good buddy Chris has been posting over on his blog Edible Brain (go look! it has stuff!), I have been thinking a lot about the comic project that he and I have been working on for the past... actually I don't like to think how long it has been going on!

Most of the basics about the comic are already detailed in various posts on his blog (here, here, here, here and here) so I wont go too much into it at this point. What i will say is that having him post all this has got me thinking about revisiting what I have already done to the comic. Looking on it with fresh (albeit older and dare I say wiser) eyes may give me the kick I need to actually crack out an issue or three for Chris to play with.

You see, as Chris has said, the comic itself is actually remarkably fleshed out. All the main characters are pretty much designed, as are many of the various alien species that inhabit the universe. The main "mythology" had been established and a few of the initial plot lines were also pretty much done. Really all that is actually missing is an actually completed issue, in either written or drawn form.

So here is my goal. I want to have an actually completed issue of Dead End written by the end of the year. I will keep an update on my blog as to my progress with it (as that is pretty much what blogging is all about!), as I will be doing this in my spare time I wouldn't expect too much progress too quickly.

First job is to find all of the Dead End stuff I have stored on my hard drive at home to see exactly where we were with it...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm actually learning how to letter comics in the next few weeks at work. Let me know if you need a hand, I'd love to be involved.

D.

Oddzilla said...

Dude any and all input will be greatly appreciated, and I'm sure Chris will be more than happy to let another creative mind into the fold, especially as its you my dear ;) I am intending to post a sort of round up of ideas and stuff in the next couple of days so take a look.

Chris Christison said...

Dude, totally! I hate lettering- never had a head for it! Now, write, write write write, damn you!
This excites me greatly!

Anonymous said...

OK. Well, consider me signed on. I'm also happy to cast my eye over any scripts and stuff.

D.